Studio 42 Workspaces • August 28 2020
It’s no secret that a disciplined person is a successful person. They are more focused, have greater self-esteem and are purposeful on a daily basis. You may think it’s a personality trait, they’re better than you or, they’re just lucky. Wrong.
They learnt it, they practice it daily and you can too.
3 Ways being more disciplined can help your business
1. Manage your Mindset
- Start by honestly evaluating your mindset – monitor your thoughts to understand where they are coming from. Be careful about the thoughts you allow in and practice turning negative thoughts into positive ones.
- Disciplined thoughts lead to disciplined actions – the discipline of mastering your thoughts especially in times of frustration is where all the gold is.
- Morning meditation – this helps to set your intentions, organise your thoughts and visualise your success. Almost every successful business person implements this daily discipline.
- And remember – harnessing a disciplined mindset takes practice but it does have the power to change your life.
2. Be organised
- Disciplined people are organised – they make lists, take notes and everything has its place. Being unorganised can be the cause of huge amounts of needless stress.
- Each day start off by organising your Inbox – have dedicated folders set up for specific clients and contacts and try to only read an email once. Once you’ve opened it, deal with it, file it away and move on.
- Live and die by your calender – block out times for daily business tasks eg: 9am-10.30am business development, 10.30am-11am coffee break and replying to emails, 11-12pm invoicing, 12-1pm lunch etc
- Find a system of disciplined daily organisation that works for you and stick to it.
3. Set realistic goals
- Being disciplined starts with setting small realistic goals – breakdown large junks of work into bite size portions and it won’t feel so overwhelming.
- Be SMART about it – SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Timely follow these principles and your productivity will increase tenfold.
- Setting bite sized, regular and achievable goals helps to maintain focus with small wins along the way.
It all comes down to you, having a clear vision of what you’d like to achieve in a business sense and putting in place the system to incrementally achieve them. And the best part, you can reward yourself afterwards!
“Everything you desire in life is on the other side of fear and discipline”
Let that sink in. And, read it again.